The Las Vegas Consular Corps traces its roots to 1956. That was the year that the first consul of any country was confirmed in Las Vegas.
While other consulates certainly covered Las Vegas prior to then, on January 30, 1956 President Dwight Eisenhower confirmed the appointment by H.S.H. Prince Rainier III of Captain Henry Leigh Hunt as Honorary Consul of the Principality of Monaco, with his post based in Las Vegas. This was the first consulate ever based in the Silver State.
The modern incarnation of the Las Vegas Consular Corps was established by the successor of Consul Hunt in his post, Consul Jonathan Warren. The Las Vegas Consular Corps was established and operates according to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963, and therefore is open to any consul whose consular district includes Clark County, Nevada. Membership is free, and our bylaws are public.